Founded in 2004, SCM Talent Group is a national supply chain recruiting and executive search firm that recruits across the full spectrum of the supply chain discipline.
Our Founder, Rodney Apple, has worked as a Supply Chain Recruiter for most of his 19-year career in staffing and has personally filled more than 1,000 professional to executive level supply chain positions for clients ranging from Fortune 15 to start-up.
Rodney began his career in supply chain recruiting back in 2001 with The Home Depot – a Fortune 15 corporation at the time. Rodney was initially hired to partner with Home Depot’s SVP of Global Logistics in efforts to source and recruit a brand new supply chain department for the company consisting of a VP of Supply Chain, Director of Replenishment and eleven Supply Chain Managers. After successfully recruiting a diverse team of supply chain experts that helped redefine the company’s supply chain strategy while cutting millions from the bottom line, Rodney was asked to stay onboard to lead all professional and executive recruitment for the entire Global Logistics Organization.
Building on his Home Depot successes, Rodney formed SCM Talent Group in August of 2004 with the goal of helping other companies optimize their supply chains by connecting them with top supply chain talent.
SCM Talent Group’s first client was The Coca-Cola Company. Working at their headquarters in Atlanta, Rodney spent several years leading professional and executive recruitment for Coca-Cola’s Global Supply Chain Organization. The scope of the work included recruitment for the following:
- 22 Beverage Manufacturing Plants
- Supply Chain Strategy & Program Management
- Global Sourcing & Procurement
- Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing
- Supply & Demand Planning
- Continuous Improvement / Operational Excellence
- Global Quality
- Engineering and Capital Programs
- Supporting functions such as HR, Finance and Environmental, Health & Safety
After wrapping up the long-term recruiting project with Coca-Cola, Rodney decided to expand SCM Talent Group’s service offerings beyond exclusive retained recruiting engagements. The firm now supports numerous clients across most industries throughout the United States.
SUPPLY CHAIN RECRUITING SERVICES
We currently offer three customizable supply chain recruitment solutions that are designed to handle any type of supply chain hiring need for any organization:
- Retained Executive Search - for critical and often times confidential, executive-level hiring needs.
- Exclusive Contingency Search - for junior- to mid-level hiring assignments with difficult-to-source skill sets and/or geographic markets.
- Contract Staffing Solutions - for projects requiring hourly, contract SCM consultants at an affordable rate (our payroll service is setup for both W-2 and 1099 contractors).
CROSS-INDUSTRY RECRUITING EXPERIENCE
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG / FMCG)
- Hi-Tech & Telecommunications
- 3PL, Logistics & Transportation
- Energy & Utilities
- Automotive & Machinery
- Food & Beverage
- Management Consulting
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Dollar Tree Stores
- The Home Depot
- General Electric
- National Grid
In addition to leading the business, Rodney authors The Supply Chain Talent Blog where he shares best practices in supply chain recruiting, talent development, job search strategy, resume optimization, interviewing techniques, etc. In addition, he has presented at the annual CSCMP (Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals) Global Conference on the topic of Supply Chain Talent Development and was interviewed by SupplyChainBrain on the topic of Winning the Supply Chain Talent Hunt.